Exhusband and new wife divorcing

my ex and his wife have a baby together and she is planning to leave him.
I have 2 teenages that want there little brother to be in their life. She makes it a point to say horrible things about him in front of my kids. I DON'T EVEN BASH HIM IN FRONT OF THEM. I DON'T PUT MY KIDS IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR PROBLEMS. Help. It's driving my 17 yr old to tears.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Just tell her you don't appreciate her talking bad about the children's dad in front of them. Ask her not to do it anymore.
    Anonymous

• i would talk to your teenagers about the whole situation. even about her talking bad about their father. i don't know how old your youngest is, but the 17 year old is definately old enough to understand this situation. i would talk to the current SM about the way she is speaking about your kid's dad in front of them.

it may be easier to talk to her about the kids staying in their little brother's life once the waters have cooled. right now, she may not be in the mindset to really be thinking about the situation from their perspective or even that her son would probably like to stay in your children's lives. maybe when visitations are established you could try to have the weekend visits at the same time, so all the kids are at their dad's at the same time.

i have thought of what would happen if my SO were gone....i know it would be hard to keep my SKs and my daughter close.
    Anonymous

• Woman up to her! Look her right in her eye and MAKE her believe it when you say "Do NOT talk about my children's father that way infront of them!" Sometimes you have show your fangs to make someone respect you.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 10:29 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• yeah, I agree with anon 8:04,Just tell her how you feel.about this whole situation and that you would please like it to stop.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:02 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• i have talked to both of my kids. my youngest is almost 14,has ADHD and is a drama boy! I have talked to SM also. she will apologize profusely.... then do it again.
    tahnks to all. All good answers! i guess I need to put on my big girl panties and deal with it.
    Oh, the other part is that their dad is an inmature person that threatens suicide every time something doesn't go his way.
    Too much for Kids to handle at any age.
    Anonymous

• I will just be honest , with ya......
    YOU BETTER LISTEN, TO BOTH SIDES !!!!!!!!!

Do not let him, fool you , honey ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 3:53 AM on Feb. 5, 2010

• Well, if she does leave then your kids will be seeing the baby with their dad and not with her, so the problem may go away. GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Feb. 5, 2010