Neighbors children.

I don't like my neighbors they are mean people but they like to send their children to ask if they can come to play w/my children well not really w/them eather b/c we have the coolest playyard like swings, tree house, more swings, slides bikes, they are not poor but they still like to come over to play in our gated fornt yard while the mothers gossip while I keep an eye on mine and even play w/mine and even thier, I feel pretty used here so would it be fair to stop allowing those kids to come ovet b/c their mothers are not nice to me? How do I say no, I don't want to be mean but I also don't want to be taking advantage of eather pluse their kids are a couple years older than mine. The moms sit on the side walk to gossip and I have the safest and funnest front yard I kinda feel obligates to allowthem in the yard.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• you could tell them you don't want to be responsible if they get hurt at your house so you dont want them over. You could be held responsible if they were to get hurt. I've seen on the news many times where parents have tried to sue one another for their child getting hurt while playing at the others house.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• do you feel like you are being left out of the mothers socializing? Why dont you just tell the kids to tell the moms they are welcome to come over also
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:22 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• No, I don't like the way they neglect their children, I moved here thinking of just being nice to neighbors to keep the peace.
    They are people I wouln't want to be fiends w/but I am friendly to them, I'm o.k w/small talk or at least if they were nice to me for be allowing their kids to play here. When I take my children out for a walk they send theirs to ask if they can go for a walk to but when they go for walks they don't ask me if they can take mine for walks and they never say thank you eather!
    I don't mind the kids here b/c I keep an eye on my own and even keep an eye on them b/c I don't want them to get hurt, hurt my children and even get suit if they get hurt. One time one kid got hurt as she fell and broke the swing well she came whining to me she fell, the mother saw everything and never came by to check on her kid and never even offer to repair the swing. I feel a little intimidated and I think the moms know.
    Anonymous

• I have asked them to come over this way they also keep an eye on their kids but they say "no it's o.k", one time my hubby, kids and I were going for a walk the little child asked if she can come for a walk I said "not today" and the mom skiped me and asked my husband insted after I said no. The reason I said no it's b/c it became a habbit for them, I wanted alone time w/my children pluse they run and cross the street and there I am calling them to get back in the side walk and they run and don't obey so they run and mine want to run after them, a car could be pulling out or a dog, I mn who do I run after my children or other peoples children?
    The lady has asked me to babysit I have she never thanks me and no $ eather, they really use me. I'm just not brave enought to say no, I know once I say no they they will be more mean to me, like I said I don't like them as frinds but I wouln't like them as enemys , so how do I say no?
    Anonymous

• Sounds like a little girl whining..
    Anonymous