do you recive the state check first or the federal ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• when we used to claim state we'd get state first all the time
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• We never file our state taxes until closer to tax day, because we like getting that extra money later in the year. It usually takes 5-8 business days for us to get our return for federal and a few weeks for state.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:58 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Depends on the state
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 8:06 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• new york op here
    Anonymous

• FED ...LOUISIANA
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 9:06 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• we filed Friday & got our state return today, but im in OK.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:18 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• This year we are paying out in state, but typically in the past here in California for us we've gotten Federal and then State when we received both.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 9:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Depends on when you file, how you file and how the state does the returns. I filed them online on the same day one year and got my state return a week before my federal return which was a nice surprise.
    This year I haven't even started my state return yet and filed my federal one last weekend.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• We got ours on the same day. Hubby filed last Wed. (he does it himself, no middle man and it was just $32 to file the Federal and free for state) and the money from both was in the bank on Tuesday. But, today he had to file our City tax return and most of the Federal return (all but $102) will right over to City. Ugh. Long gone are the days of having money left over now that it's just hubby and I. Out of the $1,892 from the 2 returns we'll have $354 left.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Each state is different.
    We file in 2 different states (DH is military and his state of residence is in ME, but DD works and files here in VA where we live), and each state has always been received long after our Federal refunds.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2010