can i get financial aid if im married?

I applied for financial aid but they would only give me 3,000 and school was a little over 18,000. unfortunately I cam't afford to pay the monthly notes. so I'm trying to find a grant that i qualify for, but no luck. any suggestions

thanks so much

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am guessing you filled out the FAFSA (the federal grant). The amount depends on the number in the household and the income level. There are different things you can do also, make an appointment with the financial aid office at the school to help figure out the options. Personally I would try to avoid student loans, dh did them and I have no idea how we are ever going to be able to pay them off.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 9:28 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Yes, you can get financial aid if you're married.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• There is always student loans and scholarships.... You're lucky to be getting the $$ you have! Since getting married, I can't qualify for any financial aid/grants!!!!
    Anonymous

• I agree with you anon7:16 I barely qualify for anything. I wish I did all those things before I got married.
    Anonymous