my daughter is not waking up to eat help

my daughter went 10 hrs with out eating this morning she finaly woke up at 1:40 this afternoon to eat she still has not wanted to eat. She usually eats 6 oz every 5 hrs but today has been way off what should i do her dr wont see her till april and i am out of options

ellenbarker

Asked by ellenbarker at 8:25 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• uh you should never let her sleep that long you should be waking her up after a few hrs anyways and if the doctor wont see her then find a new one they should always bring you in that day if you call and ask if not that day a few days later not a few months later
    Anonymous

• how old is she?
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 8:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• She is 2 and a half months old
    ellenbarker

Answer by ellenbarker at 8:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• doctors have sick child openings so call them
    Anonymous

• we are having a problem cause there are only certain places to be able to take her. none of the hopitals will take here cause we are on medicaide. the only dr that will see her is the one she has it took me almost 2 months to find the one she has now
    ellenbarker

Answer by ellenbarker at 8:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Most hospitals accept medicaid. There could be something wrong with your DD so you should step up and get her in to see a doctor tomorrow or take her to the ER. If my DD was acting differently like that, I'd go where ever I had to go, even if I had to be billed and pay out of pocket for that appointment. Not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to get the point across that this isn't normal and she needs to be seen. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• There can be many reasons, and btw some babies sleep through the night at 1 month and as long as they are eating the right amount in a day that is fine. When was the last bm? Maybe she could be backed up, and not want to eat. If that is the case a 2oz of dilluted pear juice will help with that. You can always call the nurse line at the clinic you go to, but they will ALWAYS tell you to come in no matter what and the doctors hate that!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 8:58 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Don't wrry about it yet. She won't starve herself unless she is really sick and you don't say anything about a fever or cough or anything. You can let her sleep through the night but wake her during the day and try and feed her anyway.
    If she gets a fever or cough or has trouble breathing or constantly crying then take her to the hospital. Hospitals will take medicaid.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:02 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• i have medicaid and we have a doctor and every hospital in the area takes medicaid no pedi will keep you from coming in if you sound worried enough if your kid is sleeping like that at night it's one thing but during the day is another if your that worried you need to take her in asap
    Anonymous

• If you take your child to the ER they by law CANNOT refuse to see her. However, I really dont think anything is wrong. She could just have her days and nights backwards. Shes really young. Those things take time to adjust. If she doesnt have symptoms, then there is really no reason to rush her to the ER. Keep trying with the bottle.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 9:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2010