tax returns?

I just filied my tax return, and it said it would take 8 days. to get direct deposited into my bank account. But when I looked at the chart it said it would be the 19th before it was deposited... does anyone know what I should expect?

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 8 business days from today is the 15 so maybe your bank needs a few days to verify it before it is available to be withdrawn?
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 8:33 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Usually the Treasury deposits the income tax returns on Thursday night if you did direct deposit. I and everyone else I know has received theirs on Thursday night/Friday morning. We filed ours on the 20th of Jan and received our refund at midnight on the 29th (Thursday night to me because we are in Central time zone).
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I don't have a calendar right here but it is business days. I believe they always deposit on Fridays also.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• If you filed on the 3rd, they probably won't look at it until the 4th. The amount of days you were given is just an average and they only count the business days, excluding any bank holidays (is President's Day a bank holiday?). The 19th that was quoted to you is an outside number, which means it shouldn't be any later than that date (unless they find a problem with your return), but you may be pleasantly surprised by an earlier date. Some people say that Fridays are the typical days for the IRS to make direct deposits into accounts, but this isn't so from our experience.
    All I can say to you is to have patience.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:34 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Thanks

And Pyrd~ Patience doesn't really exist when you have bills due. lol

(OP)
    Anonymous