is there anything that helps with morning and all day sickness when expecting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i heard that crackers help. they didn't do anything for me b/c the only time i got sick was as soon as i got out of bed in the AM and then i would be ok.
    hope you feel better.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 8:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• The only thing I could stomach was dry noodles. Heck I even threw up applesauce. God, it was awful for 3 months. I lost weight during that period.  Here some Tips to relieve morning sickness  Hang in there.

Anonymous

• If you find anything let me know! I'm 17 weeks and am still only losing weight, throwing up daily anything and everything I eat. I was like this with my last pregnancy and the dr went through 3 different medications (reglan, pepcid, and nexium) and none of them helped. I had forgotten just how miserable I was until I got pregnant again.
    Occasionally mashed potatoes would do it - plain with no butter. Steer away from soft drinks, if you drink them. The things that work best for me are soups and crackers, and the mashed potatoes I mentioned.

Answer by missanc at 9:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Ginger tea (or ginger ale with real ginger in it. A few brands have that).
    It's actually different for everyone. I found that if I ate something with protein in it I did better than when I didn't eat a protein.
    Anonymous

• Seabands wrist bands ($12 at drug store)
    suck a lemon slice, seriously
    ginger anything: chews, candy, on rice, in tea
    steamed rice
    suck on TUMS
    lavender oil on the wrists and behind the ears
    lavender tea
    raspberry leaf tea
    suck on ice, cold packs on the wrists and neck
    try to eat little bits very often-- like 5 almonds, then an hour later eat 1/2 a banana

wear your sunglasses when you have to throw up in a public bathroom-- keeps the water from splashing your eyes
    I kept a barf cup in my car for just-in-case
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I agree w/ ecodani. I would add fresh grated ginger might help in tea and I also ate those gross candy apple strips that were sour. Something about sour for me. I agree on trying the sea bands (I have two pairs). Keep something in your stomach as often as possible. If it's really bad they can put you on zofran but it didn't work for me. I was so sick I'd sit by the window for fresh air because I couldn't go out. Then I'd weep. I was sick day and night. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• yea i just had some ginger tea and it helps A LOT! im not a big fan of ginger but it has lemon in it so i can tolerate it. i agree with ecodani.
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 10:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• go to your local pharmacy or maternity shop and ask for preggo pops they have been a life saver for me these last few weeks
    MissieB.

Answer by MissieB. at 11:17 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• orange juice worked wonders for me....it sounds odd but it worked when nothing else did
    juliak818

Answer by juliak818 at 11:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• with both of my kids I was sick,, all day and all night, the whole pregnancy !

drinking a glass of milk did help the most!

you can also get some ginger root tablets at like Krogers ...they helped too.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 2:46 AM on Feb. 4, 2010