My daughter had a temperatura of 102.4

I'm not surprised, because I'm sick also, but without the fever. Anyway, I gave her some tylenol and stripped her down to her diaper and she cooled down. She seemed to be getting warm again, so right now my husband is giving her a lukewarm bath (she needed her bath anyway). Do you think putting her in a footy pajama would be too warm? It's like 70 in my house. I just don't want to trap the heat in, in case her fever returns. Should I give her more tylenol before bed, just in case? I'm not going to call the doctor, because I know she has my bug which is basically just a yucky cold. She is otherwise acting perfect. She has eaten like a horse today and actually finished her entire dinner. She has also been drinking water all day, so I"m not worried about dehydration. If there is anything else I can do to make sure she stays comfortable, I would love your input. Thanks.-----oh, she's 18 months

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 8:43 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't put footed jammeis on her..maybe a light pair of pants and t-shirt...if she has a fever you dont want to trap the heat in. Just cover her with a light blanket...and she should be okay. And if it has been at least 3 hrs since her last dose of tylenol then go ahead and give her another dose before bed other wise I wouldn't bother unless she wakes up in middle of the night. Good luck! :) And I hope you and your daughter start feeling better soon
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 8:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• When my son gets sick like that I put him in a shorts outfit thing...I don't know what you call them, but basically a onsie with a short bottom? Anyway I would stay away from foostie pajamas and it couldn't hurt to give her some more tylenol and check her again in the morning. Having a fever just means she is fighting with your cold.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 8:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Just don't freak about the fever or take bad advice on here....about rushing her to the ER. Her fever is fine even at that temp. That means her body is fighting the virus right now. It's good she has a fever. Even if it goes up to 104 or whatever she is not going to have brain damage etc...and febrile seizures are caused by how fast a fever goes up not how fast. So make sure the bath is not cold when you give her one.

Sounds like she is fine and there is no reason to call your doctor. He is just going to tell you the same things, rest, fluids, tylenol etc....Though I don't personally medicate fevers since it defeats the purpose.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't put her in pjs. Maybe a tangtop or a t-shirt. It would make it easier to tell if the fever broke. she will be covered in sweat. Keep alternating Tylonol and Ibprofen every 4 hours. I would wake her up in night too to do it. Then see how she is in morning. It is most likely just a bug. Nothing else has come with the fever? Other then that just make her as comfortable as possible. I dont know how old she is. I have kids ranged from 1 year to 6 years so I would tell u what i would do for a certain age. Good luck and I hope she feels better.
    griffinbb4

Answer by griffinbb4 at 8:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Thanks ladies. Yeah, hubby brought her down in a warm footy, so I just changed her to a light jammy outfit with short sleeves. I'm actually leaving the top and socks off until bed time, because she is still very warm to the touch. You couldn't tell her that..........I don't think she even realizes she is sick at all. I'm going to go ahead and give her tylenol again before bed.

Thanks for the advice ladies!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:19 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• if it has been 4 hours since the last tylenol I would giver her mre before bed, and I would opt out of the footie jammies
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 3, 2010