How DO i Get My One Year Old UN-Constipated

Please Help He Is in alot of pain but only has one kidney so i cant do over the counter lax. so.... his doctor said..... but he just said give him prunes but he wont eat them ive even tried blendin them up and putting them in a bottle (yes hes still on a bottle i know hes too old but hes been through alot (cancer twice) ive mixed them with food but i dont know what elce to do any advice would be greatly appricated and thanks for your time god bless and have a good day
momof2really3

momof2really3

Asked by momof2really3 at 8:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Lots of juice (prune juice is the best) but if u want your child to have a good flavor apple juice. Also rectal temp taking helps loosen it. Then their is some gas drops and I believe they have anti constipation med for 1 year olds at drug store. The might be for 2 and up cant remember.
    griffinbb4

Answer by griffinbb4 at 9:01 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Gerber has Apple Prune Juice - works very well.
    Anonymous

• A mix of 50/50 apple juice or white grape juice and water always works for my son.

Answer by missanc at 9:11 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Add the prunes in with something that he likes a lot. Or apple juice...but I gave my daughter apple juice every day for a month and it still didn't help. the prunes did though...you might just have to make him eat them.
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 9:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• fiber one ceral or fiber one bars ( there drizzled with chock ) i was told fiber fiber fiber. and blueberries fruit ( not bananas) and sometimes apple juice helps. not to much though it makes there poop acidie and cam make the bum raw..can he have merlax?? if so then my sons doc said 24oz bottle of gatoraid mixed with 2 capfuls of merlax and have him drink that. but i do high fiber stuff and the snack bars my son likes. best of luck mama. hugs to your lil guy..xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• legs in a bicycle motion, stomach massage, warm bath and full body massage will help relax him........the thermometer trick always helps....they try to push it out do it and wait 15 or so...then repeat til it helps
    rowdy24

Answer by rowdy24 at 11:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• have u thought about adding benefiber to his bottles? or is he too young for that not sure but it's tasteless and will help...ask doc then try if u want
    rowdy24

Answer by rowdy24 at 11:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Thank all of yall for the answers and he cant have merlax b/c he only has one kidney same for benifiber and cant do the theometer trick b/c of rectal bleading (hes had cancer and chemo so that is a no no )
    momof2really3

Answer by momof2really3 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 5, 2010