strollers

in a week or so the hubs and i are going to have my iud removed and start trying to have baby #2..as long aswe don't have to move for his job...well, i really knew nothing with my first, as far as car seats and stroller, and would like to be more prepared when we have another one..so my question(s): double strollers,..side by side? front to back? what kind graco, or a more expensive kind?..side to side seems convenient for outdoor trips, and front/back strollers seem convenient for malls and stuff..i need input..my dd's 1 1/2 and i do want a duo stroller, im not comfortable just letting her walk with me, and she still gets distracted easily, for those who'll say she can walk..what's your input?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I have a Baby Trend double stroller. It was not expensive when compared to other brands such as Graco. I think mine was actually cheaper but it's not an off brand by any means.

Baby Trend actually is rated #1 in infant car seat safety. The stroller is very easy to use, folds up easily and pretty compact for a double. I love it and so do the kids. I ordered mine from www.walmart.com but you can also buy it from www.babiesrus.com. Shipping was free at wal-mart and they had the colors I wanted so I went with that.

I would suggest going to the store and trying some out to see which one feels best to you before purchasing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Depending on when you get pregnant you may change your mind about what type of stroller you want. Even if you get pregnant immediately your daughter will be over two before you have the new baby, and if it takes a while she could be closer to three or even older. If she's older you might like a sit & stand stroller.

I have twins and have a side by side Graco stroller. It's light and easy to fold, but it gets stuck going through doors and the twins are mean to one another when they get tired - I don't know if you might have less problems with this with different age children. We had a tandem when they were small, and it was much easier to use in stores - downside was it was heavy and bulky and hard to fit in the car. I have two single strollers that I use if anyone else comes with us, or if I leave one of them at home with Daddy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Feb. 4, 2010