strollers

in a week or so the hubs and i are going to have my iud removed and start trying to have baby #2..as long aswe don't have to move for his job...well, i really knew nothing with my first, as far as car seats and stroller, and would like to be more prepared when we have another one..so my question(s): double strollers,..side by side? front to back? what kind graco, or a more expensive kind?..side to side seems convenient for outdoor trips, and front/back strollers seem convenient for malls and stuff..i need input..my dd's 1 1/2 and i do want a duo stroller, im not comfortable just letting her walk with me, and she still gets distracted easily, for those who'll say she can walk..what's your input?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Shopping

• ok, so ur not pregnant now. u have plent of time for ur dd to grow and walk on her own. think about it, but the time u actually deliver the baby if u were to get pregnant now, ur dd would be over 2 yrs old. thats old enough to be walking on her own. now if u plan on going hiking, or walking on long walks, then maybe u should look into getting a double stroller. the problem with double strollers is they are going to be more expensive than the average stroller.... if u dont have any specific needs for the stroller other than just being duo, look into the more common names. graco, evenflo.
    if i were u i would just wait until later in the pregnancy to be conserned about these things. look at ur local consignment shops as well, sometimes they have great deals on like-new strollers
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 9:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I personally cant imagine trying to maneuver a double stroller around anywhere. I would use a wrap or sling for the newborn and keep the single stroller for your older child. I have a wrap that my MIL made - it's basically a Moby wrap, just homemade instead of bought, and I love it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 4, 2010