Cashing a check without a valid id??

I need to cash a check and my id is expired. Can I still do it at walmart??

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 9:20 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• They might not notice it. I would go when they're crowded, they're more rushed then and more apt not to check carefully.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 9:23 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Honestly, they probably wouldn't even notice it's expired. I doubt the bank even checks the expiration date. That annoys me. What you suddenly aren't you once the id expires? So stupid. I took my sister out on her 29th birthday and she forgot to renew her id (it just expired) and they wouldn't let her in the bar. I was like Are you kidding me??? We went somewhere else and they let her in.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:37 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Go to your county offices and get a state id card with photo, that can also be gotten at the dmv I think. that's why my adult daughter did until she got her license.

Or take bills with your name and address on them and your own checkbook with you to your own bank or bank where you want to cash check from.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• They refused my husbands id because it is dented.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 9:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• They might, but they will tell you that they will do it that once and no more until you renew your ID. Every Walmart is different, though. My DD ran into this problem at our Walmart, but they cashed her check one more time with the warning that it will be the last time until she gets a current ID, which she did. Now she has a bank account so problem is now solved.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:17 AM on Feb. 4, 2010