Do you brush your baby's teeth/gums?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well i don't brush his gums haha, i use a damp baby wash cloth and wipe out the inside of his mouth :)
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 9:35 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• My son was 6 months old when I started using a toothbrush with only water on it- to get him use to the idea and feeling so it would be easier later on.:::
    DDTSMommy

Answer by DDTSMommy at 9:39 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• yep.
    my son is 14mos and I brush his teeth twice a day. just with water on his toothbrush.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 9:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• yes
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 9:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Yes. As soon as my son started teething I bought the baby toothpaste with the finger tooth/gum brush and I use it every day. He is now almost 12 mos old and as soon as he hears me brushing my teeth (I have a battery operated one and it is loud) he comes running in the bathroom with his mouth open. At first he would try to suck on it but now he knows to just keep his mouth open while I brush his teeth and gums. I also have a five month old and I didn't really brush her teeth and gums until after she had five or six teeth and b/c she got a late start on it she was more resiliant and I fought with her to brush her teeth until she turned five just this past November.
    MilMom04

Answer by MilMom04 at 9:59 AM on Feb. 4, 2010