Anyone's doctor told them they were definitely gonna deliver early?

So I'm 32 weeks 5 days today. My doctor told me and my SO today that because my baby is measuring long in weight and length, by 2 weeks, that we're definitely going to be having this baby early, before he gets too big... Has anyone else's doctor told them that? I'm planning on having this little guy vaginal. As long as his weight isn't bigger than what my other son's was, 8lbs 12oz., then I won't have a problem. Just curious if anyone else has been told they were going to deliver early, on the dr's request/suggestion.

Amy75972

Asked by Amy75972 at 9:51 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My doctor told me I would probably be early because I was measuring big. Ummm...he was born nine days late, the day before my induction date! He was only 8 lbs 3 oz and 22" so he was not huge......Good luck and congrats!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:07 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I was told that with all three....and none were early.

sorry.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:08 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I was told that with my daughter. I had braxton hicks contractions from 7 months on and was 2cm dialated for 3 weeks. I delivered the day before my due date. So technically I was early, but not as early as anticipated. Emma was 10 lbs 2 oz and I delivered her vaginally. Good Luck!!
    JoMcD

Answer by JoMcD at 10:15 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• ...A lot of doctors tell a lot of women this.
    It's more about convenience than safety.

If you prefer to avoid unnecessary risks, ask a lot of questions, insist on actual proof that intervening is safer than Nature's plan. Get real facts.

If you are measuring ahead and your due date is off you'll labor early, spontaneously, yay. If you & baby are healthy then there is no reason to add risks, of course.

Knowledge is power~
    ~Birth is safe, interference is risky.

;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• oh, you can still have your baby vaginally, at any size.
    IF there were to be any complication, it won't be apparent until you're laboring. You 'll need to get there first.

My bigger baby the 10-pounder, came out so easily & quickly! Not even a tear! Much easier than the smaller!

Remember that it's about HOW you labor.
    Stay upright and moving, work with your body, instinctively, work with gravity.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• My Dr and specialist called it to the day...Dec 17,2009. I was 31 weeks an 4 days when Sean was born. They called the date 5 weeks in advance and at that point I was having no problems at all then the day before Dec 16 my blood pressure was 192/120 dangerously high for both Sean and I.

I agree with doulala that dr tell us that for convience...
    amygraves21

Answer by amygraves21 at 2:49 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I wish doctors would stop doing that, there is no way to predict things like that and there is no reliable way to determine the babies size until it is born. Lots of women who had both smaller and larger babies tell me that the larger ones were easier to birth for them, there is absolutelly no way to predict what size baby a woman can or cant birth.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 8:02 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I know with my first son, the doctor said that he couldn't possible weight 8 pounds because of all the fluid I had... Well he was wrong, 8# 12 oz... Maybe that's why I'm not using that doctor anymore... lol
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 9:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• honestly i would not want a doctor like that. is he saying he will "make" you get induced? if so, i would switch personally. or is he just saying you will go into labor naturally early? i think it's awful when doctors say that because there is no way to tell and then it just makes us poor pregnant ladies more anxious than we would be alreayd, awaiting our babies.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I'm with khedy..My doctor told me I'd be early but I was 8 days late and had my DD the day before I was supposed to be induced.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 11:40 AM on Feb. 4, 2010