Why don't JW's have there own privite school?

if jw's have there own school they won't have to worry about outside infulences and they don't have to keep kids sprated for celebrations.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• If the population of JWs was high enough in any one area I guess they could. But to have an entire school for a handful of kids just wouldn't be cost effective. Many with the means do home school though.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:13 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• my daughter loves her school, i'd never pull her. Its not a big deal to just not celebrate something especially if you believe it to be the right thing to do. theres no need for the separation. My bro also a JW home schooled 2 out of 3 of his kids but they still played little league with other kids from the neighborhood. The third child went to public school because that's what he wanted.
    Anonymous

• They do get sprated. ?They have to go to the liabry and arent allowed on certain feild trips. Those kids always look sad. They can't have fun with other kids.
    Anonymous

• It's called homeschool duh! Wow, why don't we have separate bathrooms for them too, so they don't contaminate anyone. I think you are very misinformed about the religion. So should we make a school just for Jews too since they don't share what you celebrate? Get a life.
    Anonymous

• They can have fun with the kids, some schools have trips to the museum, theme parks, pools/beaches, theres tons of stuff for them to do. My dd is almost 18 and she's never suffered, she's fine. She's gone to every school trip.
    Anonymous

• Looks like you need to go back to school and learn proper grammar and spelling before you go suggesting who should go to what school.
    Anonymous

• haha they really should. i grew up as a JW, i hated feeling and being different not being able to hang out with kids i befriended in school or go to parties or celebrate holidays. mind as well keep them in their own little bubble, and my mom pulled me out in 10th grade for "being bad" going to a friends house and talking to a guy on the phone is bad? hmm weird, thats normal teenage behavior in my book, its not like i got pregnant as a teen. god im so glad i got out of that and am living my own free life the way i want to with my husband and son. and miss anon what are you scared of. i thought JWs were not supposed to be on social networking sites...lol i feel sorry for your kids....i feel sorry for my only friend left my age in the religion all alone while all of us are out living our lifes not spending 70 hrs a month knockin on doors and only having a limited amount of suitable mates...its not freedom in my book....
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 10:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• miss anon what are you scared of. i thought JWs were not supposed to be on social networking sites...lol i feel sorry for your kids....i feel sorry for my only friend left my age in the religion all alone while all of us are out living our lifes not spending 70 hrs a month knockin on doors and only having a limited amount of suitable mates...its not freedom in my book....
    ------------

I'm not afraid of anything or anyone. I like my privacy. As a former witness, you should know that JW's arent afraid of much. Remember the scripture, What can man do to me. you dont have to feel bad for my kids, my kids are happy, they love us as parents, they love each other and they love Jehovah. What more can you ask for. There's plenty for my kids to do. I can be on the internet, go to the movies, go to parties, my kids too. My dd is so strong in her faith and she's not locked up in a closet, she has a full life.
    Anonymous

• i guess to each their own but its not the lifestyle i want for my family.
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 10:59 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• that's fine, i understand. I'm actually happier now than i was when i used to catholic, not that they're bad, but it wasnt for me. My marriage is so much stronger now. But please remember that not all parents raise their children that way. We try to give our kids a fun filled, spiritual life. They can serve God and have fun all at the same time.
    Anonymous