School Issue

I have had a whack job lady at my son's school get in trouble for going after my son for a stupid issue. She was kicked out of the school for the time being there. Lately instead of leaving she will hang out in the parking lot with her little side kick friend. She will comment about me. Act really stupid and juvenile. Just whack jobish. I told the principal but i know she can not get involved with this but I made her aware of what is going on in her parking lot . What else can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree, call the police and file a report. You'll need documentation in the event something should happen. What you are teaching your child is that you should not FEAR bullies and stand up for yourself without doing something irrational or illegal like attacking her back, instead you are going through the proper channels. She was wrong for what she did to your son, and should just take her medicine like a big girl and move on. Instead she is acting like a juvenile with the harassment of you and it needs to stop. Your number one priority is your safety and that of your child. Document everything. She has no business being on school property unless she has a child who goes to school there. If the principal won't get involved go above his/her head and talk to the school district admins. Let them know if something isn't done you will be calling the media.(that usually makes them want to do something so you won't have to call).
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 10:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• call the police and make a complaint, tell them you are being harrassed when you are trying to pick your son up from school.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 10:32 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Ignore it! You are an adult. You should have the will power to ignore a bully. What are you teaching your kids if you react and do something to get back at her?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:32 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• keep a notebook and write it all down, let the principal know

she's a bully, and by reacting you're giving her what she wants.
    Anonymous

• Principal already addressed her about my son but when it involves me, she turns a deaf ear because it is a private school so she will lose tuition .But I want to do something ........
    Anonymous

• make sure you're not alone in the parking lot, have a friend with you. if she's around waiting for you take a picture of her, her car, friend and the school grounds right after to prove for sure place she's hanging waiting for you.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:40 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• If you have exhausted all of your options with the school, call the police for advice. If she is stalking or harassing you there are legal remedies. A restraining order may be a good option for you. When an adult is not acting like one and you have done all you can it may be time to bring in the law.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I wanted the principal to know that there is a lot of activity going on in that parking lot and it is not fair to have that type of harrassment going on. I am actually letting her know just in case there is an altercation because she and her friend are really so nasty......
    Anonymous

• The principal certainly CAN get involved. The parking lot is school property. The principal has the power acting on behalf of the school board to trespass that woman from the property. If she returns she can be arrested. Her friend should also be trespassed. Contact the police if the principal won't handle it. They can also advise her she is no longer welcome on that property. You can also report her harassing you to them. There is no way that should be going on where children go to school.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:49 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Cindy thanks so much. You have no idea what a private school lets parents get away with on school grounds...It is really surreal. What they say about catholic schools is so so true......
    Anonymous