corn starch for diaper rash?

A friend swears that corn starch is great for duaper rashes, is this true? How do you use it? Turn it into a paste or just throw it right on?

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 10:38 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in General Parenting

• use it like you would baby powder.

it doesn't have the talc and other scents and stuff that baby powder does.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I've always used just plain old petrolium jelly (vasoline) I always use off brands because they seem thicker than the "vasoline" brand. Slap that stuff on and make sure to change thier butt frequently, making sure to blot dry as much as possible and not rub as much and it should go away!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 10:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I use it instead of baby powder.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 11:01 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• i tried it once when my daughter had REALLY bad diaper rash and nothing else was working. but then we found out it was something else. my daughter really doesn't do well with anything else but desitin. people have said A&D was better, but it always breaks her out. so i just stick with what works.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:58 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• If you look at some of the baby powders, they actually say on the container that they are mixed with corn starch. As long as I can remember, we have used it in our family for diaper rashes and even minor burns. Just throw it on the bottom like baby powder, and for a burn, wet the burn with cool water, leaving it slightly damp, and put a little corn starch on it. It is suppose to help draw out the heat.
    jdrae13

Answer by jdrae13 at 12:56 AM on Feb. 4, 2010