Is it ok to give my 7 month old baby yogurt?

I bought those YoBaby complete meals (yogurt, a fruit, a veggie and rice cereal all in one cup). The container says 6 months+ but I wasn't sure since it's dairy. I can't call the doc until tomorrow so I wanted to get some opinions of other moms on the subject or possible a website with info on what's ok and when??

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• like all new introduced foods, they say to introduce them one at a time to make sure there are no food allergies. So, I don't see why you can not try it. Right now solids of any kind are more of a practice for transitioning to them solely.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:03 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Has your LO had all the different foods that are mixed in it? If so, then I would say sure give baby the yogurt. I am considering giving my 7.5 month old the plain yobaby yogurt. I'll mix it with the fruit I make for him.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 11:24 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• when my daughter was 7.5 months i was about 5 months pregnant with my second and my milk started to dry up. i couldnt get her to use a bottle and she was hardly getting anything to eat/drink. so the doctors suggested yogurt and even ice cream and freeze pops. she finally took to the bottle after about a month and a half... but it was hell. and she did great with yogurt. i used the yo baby vanilla and banana. but the doctors told me that any yogurt would be fine.
    Anonymous

• It should be fine. Introduce it slowly. At one meal for a couple of days. If she has no adverse reactions then switch to the next food and introduce it slowly for a few days. Etc. Just to make sure that she doesn't have any adverse reactions. Like allergies, Diarhea, constipation, etc.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:36 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• As long at they've had the type of food thats in the yogurt she should be fine.. go for it... but ew! veggies and yogurt?
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 11:53 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I give my daughter the Yobaby yogurt in vanilla and banana. She is fine.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 11:56 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• It should be fine. My son took about a month to adjust to it, but he spit up a lot no matter what. But now he eats one every day.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 12:16 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• confirm this with your doc but mine told me to be sure it's full fat, not reduced. babies need it, their metabolisms are still set for the high fat content of breast milk.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:25 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• My pediatrician actually told me to start feeding YoBaby. Other brands were not allowed. YoBaby is formulated and aimed at babies.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 2:31 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Dairy is an allergy trigger food and should not be given to babies before their first birthday.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2010