How long would you wait?

So I sent my son to his dad's for a season 2 hrs away. He was doing bad with a bad crowd. He did not seem really sorry and still had an attitude. Would you call him in a few days 4 to ask him how he's doing?

Or would you wait for him to call you since he needs to still apologize for his rudness and threats to continue doing bad?

The school is began is SO MUCH better in API grade scores. The classes I checked are intense in the areas he needs help in.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Give him a week or two to adjust then call him that way it will give him time to think things through and realize what has happened and how he has treated you...don't worry if for some reason he is still the same when you do call him he just might need to be away from you (I mean where he is living with you) he needs to start to begin a new change in life for him. It might not be today, tomorrow but sooner or later it will happen you did the right thing mom...keep your chin up and pray for guidance. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:08 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Can't you just check in with his dad to see how he is doing? If it were my child, I would be calling him, but if you trust his father to be there to make sure what he is doing is appropriate then you should probably wait awhile to let him adjust... BUT ONLY if you feel confident that his dad will do the right thing and watch him carefully.
    Anonymous

• Just call. Don't play petty games with your child.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:06 PM on Feb. 3, 2010