Do I tell my parents he's divorced?

Okay so here goes. Raised strict, homeschooled, wore skirts head coverings, my parents been married 37 yrs still don't wear wedding rings 'cause it's jewelry which is against their beliefs etc. I left the church when I was 18, my parents and I didn't talk much for the first two years, the last few have been better & they've slowly been back into my life & now that I'm having my son, it's important to me. My parents believe when one isn;t a professing Christian, anything can happen. the devil controls you and you are capable of anything without God. Well my fiancee is divorced which I KNOW they wouldn't approve of or go to the wedding if they found out. I don't want to tell them 'cause it may ruin the progress we've slowly made. There was a point Mom even said "When you're not a christian I can't even trust you as a person 'cause without God, there is no good in someone"...I want to be honest, but I also want them in our lives.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Your parents are judgmental. Save your breathe.
    Anonymous

• OP Here: There was also a point where my parents and brother who stayed in the church that they said they'd never even spend the night with relatives who are divroced, remarried or fornicating because by sleeping under the "same roof" that shows you don't have a problem with their behavior and how God would hold them accountable for condoning sin...I'm just really confused.
    Anonymous

• well what do they think about you being pregnant before marriage? just asking, not trying to be mean. I wouldn't come right out and say, "mom, he is divorced". But, if she starts probing you with questions about him, don't hide it. You aren't lying to her, you just aren't offering her the information.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:34 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• your parents are awefully cold judgemental fish honey. so sorry. but lying to them is not the best approach either. but NOT mentioning it since its NOT thier busines? that would be fine. but if they ask, i would not lie.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:35 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Your mom is ok with you being pregnant and not married but would get pissed if she knew he was divorced? that makes no sense. i wouldn't tell her anything unless she asked me if he was married before
    Anonymous

• It was deceided after getting knocked up by accident and being told I couldn't have a baby that my fiancee and I planned this one in a rush, simply because we lost and thought we could never have one, you know? So I don't feel guilty about "my actions" or am "sorry" as far as us, we've lived together, obviously having sex lol so I don't feel bad myself. It's just I'm also adopted, so their appoval means a lot to me..they took me from such a bad situation and wanted me to be a good christian girl and I've really disappointed them. so I'm a little sensitive about wanting to please them
    Anonymous

• wow, not sure what god they serve but it's messed up
    Anonymous

• OP and yes, they see pregnancy and sex as a "mistake" but marriage is forever the first time around, so I'm taking and currently sleeping with someone else's husband because their opinion is God doesn't accept divorce in his eyes my fiancee and his ex are still married. according to what their interpurtation of the Bible
    Anonymous

• i think it is your life now. i have made many decisions that have not "pleased" my parents, but they love me and support me. If you are happy with your life then as long as you are not physically harming someone, it is really none of your parents business. Yes, they may have their opinion, but it's your life, you are an adult and I think they are a little warped not to support their daughter, adopted or not. So, good luck.
    Anonymous

• As a christian myself I don't understand this.. how could your parents be anything but loving to their daughters fiancee..
    talk to it with your fiancee see how he feels.. if you both think you should tell them then do.. other wise if they don't ask you don't tell.. however if they do ask be honest.. ask them to be forgiving
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2010