Am I too sensitive?

Today I went to a funeral and this number called my cell phone so of course I didn't answer it. So afterwards I call the number back and some woman answers the phone and I say

"Hi, someone called me from this number and I am returning the call."

And then she replies with a really bad attitude.

"You must be confused you have the wrong number."

I know it was the correct number because I pressed call back on my cell phone. I believe that it was my son's father (we are no longer together... long story) who called me from his girlfriends phone.

So I just said "Okay" and hung-up... I felt very sad about the way she said it all day.

Should I have gone off on her, let it go or am I just too sensitive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes.But it's okay, you're probably dealing with something that has you down.
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 11:42 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Honestly, I'd react and feel the same way... I am a very sensitive person who's feelings get hurt by the simplest things!!
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 11:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• That and having just dealt with a funeral will have you down and overly sensitive but dont worry about it.
    ballerina_06

Answer by ballerina_06 at 11:46 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• that is soo annoying! I've called people back after THEY have called me, the number is on my cell phone so i mean, they called..and they say something like "who is this" or "i didnt call you"..well yea you did. So, I don't call back now unless I know the number or they leave a voicemail. I'd say, like the other ladies, youre probably going through more than an attitude accident caller, its okay. But, dont dwell over it :)
    Bran6903

Answer by Bran6903 at 11:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• it sounds like a you were having a tough day before she was rude to you....i think you handled it appropriately. don't worry about being overly sensative...it will be okay.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:55 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• Yes, you are too sensitive, but it's okay to be that way at a time like this. You said you were at a funeral, so you must have lost someone dear to you. My condolences. It's alright if you feel extra sensitive to the attitude she gave you, but once you chill out a bit, you will realize that she was just a snot. Nothing to be bothered over :)
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 4:15 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Yes *SMACK* get over it.

KIDDING! Was hoping to make you laugh. My husband does this with calls to his phone and I think it's weird. It's likely whoever called you from there called from the wrong number. If they didn't leave a message or call back, I don't bother.

You should have said to her "Well whoever called got me while I was at a FUNERAL, so I thought I'd be polite and call them back, but polite wouldn't be something YOU would understand!"
    Rude woman!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 4:49 AM on Feb. 4, 2010