when can she have a toddle bed and/or a pillow?

always falls asleep in the bed on daddy's pillow b4 we put her in te crib.....when is it safe to give her a pillow and when can she transition from crib to toddler bed?

rowdy24

Asked by rowdy24 at 11:44 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 2 (-1 Credits)
  • i would love some advice on this as well....i figure i will wait till my little one starts climbing out of the crib before i put her in the toddler bed, but other input would be great....
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:45 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• my son is 18 months and a theropist comes and works with him i asked her about that and she told me she'd reccommend switching him now.
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 11:48 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• did she give a reason? my daughter is 19 months. her room is upstairs so...when we do switch her i am going to have to put a baby gate up in her door way to keep her from the stairs while we are sleeping in case she wakes up in the middle of the night.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:50 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• http://www.best-in-bedding.com/kidsbedding/toddler-pillows.htm
    No child under 2 years of age should use a pillow of any type, not to sleep with or to put underneath them. Until after the age of 2, your toddler should not be left alone in a crib with pillows, stuffed animals or quilts.
    This is puts your toddler in danger of choking or suffocating. Additionally, you should use tight-fitting sheets, and if you chose to use bumper pads, make sure they're fastened securely around the entire crib, and trim off any excess length on ribbon or string ties. my kids had a toddler bed at 15- 18 months, but no pillow...
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:54 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• she said since he's walking and moving around on his own it would be better to switch him before he can try climbing out the crib himself and possibly falling and hurting himself.
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 11:57 PM on Feb. 3, 2010

• my dd has had a pillow for months (its actually the boppy) and always slept with a blankie of her choice, shes 20 months old
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• My son was in a twin bed at 19 months and he had a pillow shortly after. He was always taking mine into his room so I go him his own. He was around 25 or 26 months before he really used it though, before that he was al over the place in bed.
    terribeari

Answer by terribeari at 12:14 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• my son is 13 months old and has been sleeping with a flat pillow since he was about 10 months old. He has to have his pillow to sleep
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:15 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• my daughter has had her Blankie since she was born....she has always slept with it......the reasn I ask about the pillow think is the one she likes is a very soft pillow.......she likes to sink in it......now the bed thing, she tosses and turns alot.....will that slow down when we switch her to the bed as well or no?
    rowdy24

Answer by rowdy24 at 12:15 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• First child went to a toddler bed at 2. Second went to toddler bed at 18 months. Third went to twin bed at 3.5 from a crib, I have been considering putting her back in the crib at 4 because she has Asperger's and simply doesn't have the self control to lay down and go to sleep, she was much happier in her crib. And my littlest will be 12 months on Sunday and she will probably stay in the crib until 2. My kids don't sleep with pillows because its not something they have ever wanted or needed. They are now 7, 5 (adopted at 3), 5, 4, 11 months
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Feb. 4, 2010