This is so TMI..sorry ladies...but I'm ITCHY!

So a little while ago I started getting irritated in my "girly parts" when I used soap. I've always had delicate skin so I use really mild stuff. Anyways, I guess I reacted to it and got seriously itchy bits. To the point that I wake up and I've been itching in my sleep. But it's weird because it's not all the time, only sometimes that I feel this itch. It hasn't healed. I've tried creams for itching and even stuff for yeast infection in case it was that but nothing is helping for very long. When I do itch it really hurts the skin down there afterwards and makes it burn when I pee. Sex is pretty much out of the question because it hurts and afterwards I can't even put water down there without terrible burning pain. My DH and I have been together for years and no cheating so it's NOT an STD. Any ideas? I know I should go to the doctor but I can't see her for a few weeks and desperately need RELIEF!!!! SORRY! TMI!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Feb. 3, 2010 in Health

• Try something like Cortaid till you can get to the doctor and ask her about Lichen Sclerosis (pronounced lie-ken sler-oh-sus). It is an autoimmune condition, not catching or anything. It's characterized by small, shiny white patches with thinning skin in between them, usually on the genital area of perimenopausal or menopausal women. It has been considered relatively rare until lately, due mainly to misdiagnoses by doctors who have called it everything from chronic non-specific vaginosis to herpes, and because some women, until lately just "lived with it" because they were ashamed of it or afraid that they really might have some STD.

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:11 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Its not as much tmi as you think lol...
    You know my 1 year old daughter just had chicken pox and she had the worst break out on her 'girly parts'..
    I got some anti itching lotion for her and i was able to use it on her down stairs... as well as aveno itch relief...

Just go to like walgreens or somewhere and use the line about a kid with chicken pox and see what they'll give you.. hope it helps...

or you could always put something cold on it to try and make it less irritated...
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:01 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Maybe try bathing in epsom salts like you do after you have a baby?!?! I have no clue but to keep using the anti itch cream n wear cotton panties n none at night....hope your women parts feel better soon =]
    dracosmommy

Answer by dracosmommy at 12:03 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• maybe try diaper rash cream?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Call your doctors office back and tell them that you are in pain and discomfort and you need to be seen right away. They will get you in right away you can't live like this. Call them FIRST THING this morning.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• OP here!
    Awww I appreciate all the feedback girls....I'm thankful y'all don't think I'm gross and icky but really....we girls gotta stick together...even when it comes to the care of our bits!
    I will try what you all suggested and get into my doc's as soon as I can. With my schedule, it's tight but I'll try thanks all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I know the feeling(I get itchy after sex if not enough lube is used) I LOVE the cream by vagisil wipes and the a moisteriser cream buy them. i also have to use the wash. But if it is not getting better you shold call you could have a infection of some sort!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:57 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• http://www.vagisil.com/understanding_itch.shtml

this is a good duide like to follow

IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:19 AM on Feb. 4, 2010