What was your first purchased home? How many homes have you had with your family?

How many homes have your purchased? What kind of homes were they?

sweetphoenix529

Asked by sweetphoenix529 at 12:00 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• the only home i have purchased is the one i am in. it is a two story home built in 1860-ish. it has hard wood floors, a basement. technically only two bedrooms because only two of the rooms have closets, but really there are 5 bedrooms. 3 upstairs, two down. huge living room. big dining room. big kitchen. and one small bathroom. coat closet under the stairs. back porch is enclosed and is where the washer and dryer are. this is also where the access to the basement is...it is not a full basement....its very gross to me. there are lots of windows. some old some not as old. the house needs A LOT of work. There is a large back yard. a 2 car garage. we paid less than 30k for it.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 12:06 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• We purchased out 1st, only and current home 10 years ago. We live in a quaint little village on the shores of Lake Erie & our home is a cute little cottage style house built in 1918. It has 1058sq. feet, 2 1/2 bedrooms (1 is a loft room), nice sized kitchen, huge living room, 1 bathroom & a cellar that used to have only an external entrance but when they added on to the house and extended the kitchen & added the bathroom they covered that access & added inside stairs. We also have a detached 4 1/2 car garage and small front and back yards. BTW, if closets define the rooms being bedrooms then we have no bedrooms because most of the houses here were built by the Finnish and the Hungarians and it's rare to find any around here with closets. Not sure why that is other than they probably used wardrobes and not closets. We paid $98,500 for it and in 5 years it will be paid off :-)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• The first home I bought was a family home 3 bed 2.5 bath- brick 1966 in a suburban area. Very standard middle class home. It was involved in a total loss fire.

DH had a home when we got together. It's his 2nd owned property- he had a condo in the city before. It's a 3/2.5 with a cute yard in an upscale suburb. If we have to move for work, we'll keep this house as a rental property. We will probably out grow this house in 3 years when we start planning baby number 2.

We really want to buy a large estate-style home with a few acres.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:27 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• We bought our first home a little over 2 years ago. It is a 4 bedroom 2 bath, we live in a small town so we are on the nicer side of town right behind one of the better schools and a huge beautiful park down the street.

It was built in the late 70's 2200 sg ft on a 10,000 sg foot lot so i have a HUGE back yard and no one liing behind me, a gully is behind my house with the school at the top of the hill. I love that we have nice neighbors and there are no run down houses.

I always thought we would buy one of the victorians where we rented but there are bad areas right next to it and i wanted something safer and nicer. I have 7 different law enforcement officers living on my street and the two streets to the sides of me. It makes for a really nice neighborhood and everyone looks out for each other. we will probably be here for another 15 years till dh retires and we leave town.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:25 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• We have only purchased one house. We still live in it. We bought it almost 13 yrs ago, when we only had 3 kids. It had 2 BR with doors & closets, and 1 BR that was no longer a BR. (A previous owner had knocked a wall out.) It is a small house, and kinda cramped sometimes. We had another baby a couple years after we bought the house. One dd has moved out, and one had her own baby, so we are still at 6 people. We have done some "remodeling" and put the missing wall back, and added another BR, so it is now a 4 BR. My husband and I are looking forward to the time when all the kids have moved out, the house will be huge for just the two of us. We also have an awesomely huge backyard!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:38 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I've had 3 homes in 2 countries.  My first was a 2 bedroom flat in England, then we moved to a 3 bedroom house and then we moved to Canada and upgraded again.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:59 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Our first home was a mobile home in the country, we loved it while we had it. Currently we have a 1969 classic ranch 4BR/2MBath and 15 acres. We've had 16( if i counted right!) properties over the years. Everything from a mobile home, to rental investments, to custom built contemporaries.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:13 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• We have only purchased one home and it is the home we are currently in and plan on living in until the day we die.
    It is a lovely 2-story house with a little over 2,000 sq feet, 4 bedroom, 3 full bathrooms, eat-in-kitchen with a pantry closet, dining room, large living room, huge den with a fireplace that we use as an office, separate laundry room, and attached 2 car garage. We also have a ton of land with a ton of trees. On a parcel of land we are going to take down some trees and build a large garage for my husband to work in and we'll be making the attached garage into an enclosed room. The rest of our property will stay in its natural state for the wildlife, beauty, and keeping ourselves separate from our neighbors. We love our privacy.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:04 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• We have only purchased one home so far. It's in NC, and it's a stick built, single family home, 3 bed, 1.5 bath on 1 acre. We're in the process of selling it right now. Once it's sold, we'll buy another here in Montana.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 1:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2010