Suggestions?

My 3month old son is consitpated he's driving me crazy I tried giving him sugar water and I even tried using a rectal thermometer he poop a little but it was hard...anybody have any other methods I could try to help relieve his consitpation

Kri5taa

Asked by Kri5taa at 12:08 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• prunes....there are a few other fruits and such that help, but i can't think of them.

your doctor should be able to give you some pointers if you dont get enough on here.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 12:10 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I would call the doctor in the morning. At that age there isn't much that is recommended as safe to give to them.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 12:14 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Sugar water? I wouldn't. A few teaspoons of prune juice should help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• 2 oz of apple juice...
    muthrof_2

Answer by muthrof_2 at 12:18 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Have you tried the bicycling exercise? When my son is constipated, I move his legs like he's on a bicycle, then push his knees to his chest., back down, then up to his chest again. It always helps him. It's also great for helping them get rid of gas. There are also massages you can do for constipation I'd google it, as I'm not so great at describing the massage techniques. My son is 4 1/2 months and I've given him a tiny bit of baby food, and prunes definitely make them poop, but at 3 months he probably shouldn't have baby food yet.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:18 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• when bathing him rub his butthole a bit, n also gently push his legs into his abdomen. Happened with my DS n that always seems to help! At first I felt like "omg gross rub his butthole?!?! " but it stimulates the bowels thus producing a poop! I got the info from whattoexpect.com n my mom even suggested I did so. And if that doesnt work out then call ur Dr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Feb. 4, 2010