curiosity question

has ur ds/dd ever fell off the couch before?? How did u react?? mine is 8 months and has feel off the couch so far 3 times.. and i felt like a really horrible mommy..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well, my son is 4 months old, and he's never fallen or anything, but I will tell you that accidents happen and it's pretty normal. Granted, if it's because your child isn't being supervised, that's one thing, but kids commonly fall and get hurt. I have an absolutely amazing mother and my brother was always falling and getting hurt, lol...it's just what kids do, so don't feel bad. Just make sure you're supervising him/her enough so that they never get seriously injured.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:28 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• My mom says to just keep babies in the floor. There is no where else for them to go that way.

Don't feel bad. All kids fall. When they start walking they look like abuse victims. You're doing your best.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:31 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• If it is a recurring problem then I would sugest you find somewhere else for baby to be. My DD fell off my bed once when she started to crawl and I was sleeping, that was the LAST time she slept in my bed until she was walking and could get on and off herself
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• My DD has thought that she could walk on air and she walked right off the couch and i was just grabbing her a new diaper thng like this happen just make sure you have on eye on the baby at all times and make sure you are supervising him at ALL TIMES. This is not gonna be the last falls just wait till he starts crawling and walking and climbing you fun is just about to begin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Accidents happen for sure...my baby girl has rolled of the bed when she slept with me, fell off chairs cuz she now 2 and loves to climb, im sure shes fell off other things along the way..just gotta pick them up and wipe them off..if they hit there head look for goose egg bumps on there heads and if they acting normal just no naps for an hr or so...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• It only happened to us once with each twin.... Then we learned to keep a better hold on them. Now, my DS went ass over tea kettle down an entire flight of stairs last week...*shaking head*...I can live without THAT ever happening again thank you....eesh.

Perhaps you shouldn't have him ON the couch if you can't keep him from falling off? The floor is great...you can't fall off the floor....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:31 AM on Feb. 4, 2010