whats going on?

my daughter was doing great with potty trainning and then all of a sudden shes not doing so well. shes having accidents at school at home. i dont get it i know some kids regress but... I just dont get it. should i call her doc and see if anything is worng? I dont know what to do im at a loss. she 3 years old. and yet i have to put her back in diapers cause of the accidents!!! any one got any advise on what to do.

mamaoneil

Asked by mamaoneil at 12:31 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• First don't go back to diapers if she is already trained! It will make her confused. Keep her in her underwear. She needs to understand that it isn't right to have accidents. Did something recently change in school or at home to make her have these accidents? Since she is 3 and understands it is wrong ask her why she is doing it. Talk to her teacher and doctor to see what they might suggest.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 1:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Don't put her back in diapers... my daughter had a regression like this a couple of times... one time it was only a couple of days, another time it was almost a week! She'd still go when we took her to the potty, but she just refused to say she needed to go... each time I think we started back with the small rewards she got while training, but I'm not sure it made a difference... it was just like all the sudden, as quickly as the regression started, it stopped and she was back on track. Hang in there. At 3 you can be firm (not mean) with her... she needs to pee in the potty and she needs to stop what she's doing to do that. I think sometimes kids go through this when they're making progress in another area.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2010