Is there a way to REALLY make some extra money at home? Or are they all just scams?

I need to make some extra money but going back to work is out of the question because of our children and my school schedule

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• I sell movies online... Ebay actually. Its completely legit. One of my friends has been doing it upwards of 2 years now and was making like 4-5k a week from it. I just started about two weeks ago, and only make 100.00 a week but hey thats better than nothing. 400.00 extra per month is fine by me.

I spend time with baby and I am always home. I am just really comfortable being a SAHM Mom, but also earning an income and fixing to start school as well.
    Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 1:16 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:34 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• You can check out my ideas:   Mavi's Home Work.

Be sure to read the work at home article series from eHow.    Work at Home Article Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:59 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• They are not ALL scams. I work from home, and in the process of finding the right company, I was scammed quite a few times. So I understand the fear there. But today I am with Ameriplan. We carry an A rating with the BBB and have a good report through RipOffReport.com. Both can attest to our legitimacy. We offer Daily Pay, Weekly Bonuses & Residual Income as well as benefits and a great team to help you and train you. Ameriplan is the nations leading Discount for Service Company and the only one licensed in Florida (because their laws are very strict!).

You should take a few moments to check out my website for more information and message me with any questions! www.ThisIsAP.com

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:14 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I also have a blog with a list of other companies, information about working from home, tips and more... Read My Blog Here

And a website with a list of Home based jobs and other legit opportunities... Visit my site here

Good Luck and Let me know if you need help!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:16 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Direct sales companies like Avon, Tupperware, PartyLite and the hundreds of others aren't scams, but they require work where you don't necessarily earn anything. It's based on commission and many spend more trying to grow and find new customers that they end up owing more than they earned.

I sell on eBay as well and make anywhere from $50-$300 in profit a week depending on how much I list. I'm growing my ebay store now because eBay just announced new rates taking effect in April. For someone who would stick to auctions only it will save money in the long run, but those with basic stores will see their fees shoot through the roof, so i'm upgrading my store and listing hundreds of more stuff.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:21 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I work from home with a company that just recently received an award from the BBB for their ethics and integrity! I have a 5 year old in school, a 3 year old at home with me and one on the way and love being at home as well as working! There are no parties, no stocking of inventory, no MLM! Feel free to contact me- my website is www.beingunited.com and my email is rebeccabowen@live.com. Hope we can talk soon! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• www.scentsy.com/my2scents

This is how I make money from home. I love it!! It's really fun, and super easy. Let me know if I can help with any questions.
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 12:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• i work from home.. i get paid by direct deposit every month. i make my own schedule so i work for however much i want to get paid.. every minute of my work day i see how much my paycheck goes up.. i didnt have to pay out anything ..its a job.. i work a few hours while the kids are at pre-k or sleeping..then a few instead of watching tv some nights...message me and ill tell you more..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 12:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Wow ...is my first reaction after reading through all of it! THere are lots of companies, and no not all scams. BUT definitely look at the BBB and NOT JUST THE BBB. and FORGET THE RIP OFF REPORT B/c They are run by CONVICTED KNOWN FELONS, so....regardless of the company I wouldn't rely on that site. I work with PRe-paid Legal Services and I make a very good FT income with about 20 hours a week worth of work. We are pd. Direct Deposit DAILY..and are PUBLICLY TRADED on the NYSE as one of the top 20 companies out of 6,000 HOTTEST STOCKS! Also, FORBES named us #66 out of the top 200 Small US businesses to work for.. and we have the BBB A+ as well, we also have been around since 1972, so a long time! THis is our BIGGEST financial year on record, we DO NOT DO PD. adervertising or buying leads, and we are on the best sale EVER now with a 1,000.00 bonus offered! www.IDSafety.INFO I work from home literally and during errands
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 3:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2010