at 40 and 10 years of beinging a sahm how do I go back to work?

lgrove563

Asked by lgrove563 at 1:30 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• Stay at home moms have lots of skills that employers value! Skills such as time management, logistics, finance, management, etc. Additionally, you probably have done some great volunteer work and may have had part time or even consulting positions while you were home.

Start with a great resume; update (or create) a Linkedin profile; let everyone you know that you are looking for a new position. How are your skills? You may want to take a couple of classes at a community college, like Microsoft office (at least Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and a basic bookkeeping class.

There are lots of great tips in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837

Answer by rkoloms at 6:19 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• You are going to be going up against alot of competition. This might help:

How to Find Work Experience as a Stay at Home Mom

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:58 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I don't know if you are considering staying at home and working as well. I started an at home business a few months back and would love to share with you what I do. There are no parties, no stocking of inventory, no MLM! My website is www.beingunited.com and my email is rebeccabowen@live.com. Hope we can talk soon! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 10:33 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I'd start with either going back to school and getting some tech classes under my belt or go to a temp agency and ease your way back into the work force.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Have you ever thought about working from home? I work from and I love it!!! I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 11 month old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory! WEEKLY PAY! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 4:46 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Don't go back...start your own business. I wish I did, but I went back to work FT while kids were still little and hated it - left after 4 years. Now I have my own business and love it. I always said, I like to work and work hard, just don't like someone to tell me which hours, when I can have off...I couldn't be happier.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 6:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I agree with starting your own business. You make your own hours, if you work hard your income relfects that unlike a 9-5 where you get the same pay no matter how hard you work and it nevers seems to be good enough.

I am involved in this awesome company. It offers many nutritional and weight loss products to help you get healthy. The best part is that you can join the company and make money from your living room. This is like no other company you have ever joined. Everyone involved is like a family. We want to see you succeed and will help you every step of the way. Check it out and if you have any questions let me know

www.jointnt.com/nicolemuschett
    www.trumpnetwork.com/nicolemuschett
    chiro789

Answer by chiro789 at 10:03 PM on Feb. 6, 2010