What foods are good to eat after having the stomach bug?

I am starting to get over this stomach bug and I am getting a little hungary. I have managed to keep down some sprite and a piece of bread, but the thoughts of other foods make me a little queasy. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Health

• The BRAT diet. Bread, rice, apple sauce, toast. Stay away from dairy and citris
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• yes the BRAT diet is the best I usually stick to some toast with lil butter and cinimin and sugar(yum!) and then mor eof to other bland foods like rice.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:52 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• miso soup or vegetable broth with some rice or pasta

Answer by rkoloms at 6:14 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Ever try buttered noodles? Just cook up some pasta (whatever your fave is or whatever you have in the pantry). When it's done throw a pat or two of butter and a little salt (salt acutually helps with nausea...that's why were told to eat saltiens when we have morning sickness) and stir till it melts. When you start to feel a little better, start adding seasonings like, dried parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, ect. then (when you feel up to it) start adding broth or stock. This is how I get my family feeling better each time they get a bug and it always works. Hope you feel better soon!!!!! :)
    HaydensMommy708

Answer by HaydensMommy708 at 6:46 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I was also going to suggest the BRAT diet ( Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast). A baked potato or mashed potatoes is good too.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:40 AM on Feb. 4, 2010