are you affectionate?

I think I have personal space issues. I HATE being touched. even by my husband. it makes me ill and it makes me want to eat live kittens.......... all joking aside, is this an issue or is this just how some people are? i hate affection, i hate being hugged and hanged on. being alone is my safe zone. is there something wrong with that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I am like that. My husband on the other hand is more affectionate. I do hug and kiss my kids and tell them I love them and I do hug my husband if I think about it and he wants one but I would rather not be touched. I am not an emotional person either and get uncomfortable around other people that are. It's just me. There is certainly nothing wrong with you. Has someone told you that?
    dddd2776

Answer by dddd2776 at 1:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• well I can't say that there is or isn't something wrong with that b/c I am not the same way but I can say that I think everyone has their moments were they don't want to be touched or smothered.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Are you my sister in law? ;) everyone knows the only time we hug her is when we won't be seeing each other for a yr or more lol
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 2:42 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I am the same way. I think it is just a personality thing. I am not overly affectionate the only person I willing hug,kiss,cuddle etc. with is my 7month old. It bugs the crap out of me when hubby is clinging on me or constantly wanting kisses and hugs. I know lots of people who are the same way. So no I don't think anything is wrong with you it's not just not your personality that's all.
    krystie-tina

Answer by krystie-tina at 4:05 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• i personally love hugs and kisses. i am known as aunt huggsie. i hope you at least hug your kids because if you don't i think you're an abusive parent like my mom. the more you tried to hug her, the meaner she got. unfortunately as a child i didn't know this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:26 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I am also not what you'd call affectionate. Not so much that I hate to be touched, but I simply don't think about touching others. I have a hard time remembering to hug my husband when I come home from school or work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I'm that way and SO is like that so we're two peas in a pod! It works for us.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• The only people I am really affectionate toward are dh and kids. For the most part I would much rather just keep my distance. Dh's family are huggers which can be difficult for me sometimes.
    cheez1e

Answer by cheez1e at 9:25 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I am affectionate, but while I am working and studying I want to be left alone.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• not hugging = abuse? man, anything passes for abuse these days doesn't it. people are way too sensative.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 4, 2010