Help!

My baby has no insurence..i filed for medicade but they have not accepted my app yet..my baby needs her 2 week check up..what can i do to speed up the process> P.S im only 16 i have no clue about this!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Kids' Health

• if your approved for medicade then it will retro back 90 days (meaning it will go back and pay any bills within those 90 days) . Just let the clinic know that your madicade is pending. That way they will go ahead and see her but if you aren't approved then you will end up with the bill. Most health clinic will have some kind of low income program to help pay for the bill. I'm in California so I'm not sure if it's the same in your state. Call the clinic or your madicade worker just to make sure.
    ISLUVZOLIVIA

Answer by ISLUVZOLIVIA at 2:34 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Your baby should be covered under your medical insurance for the first 30 days; call the number on the back of your card. Babies are expensive. Are you confident that you can put yourself and your child through college? Support the two of you and save for retirement?

You may want to consideralternatives: www.cradle.org

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:07 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Wow anon. Way to be supportive.

I'd recommend talking to the pedi about it. They usually offer low costs or payment plans and will work with most partients. Most docs will work with you so the baby doesn't suffer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Feb. 4, 2010