Ok SDA's please help me understand

You believe that that Mark of the Beast is Sunday worship. You also believe in no piercings and tattoos because in the OT God said to not mark ourselves. So how can Mark mean thought process AND literal markings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm a little confused what you are asking PLEASE illiterate a little. So I don't venture off topic!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:43 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• what are you confused on?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Basically the whole question, but mainly I've never heard of Sunday worship being mark of the beast. As well what do you mean exactly by this. So how can Mark mean thought process AND literal markings?
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:01 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• ok thats so messed up... good question. :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:45 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• No...generally SDAs believe that Sunday worship will someday be the the MOTB. (I'm on the fence about this one, personally, for many reasons)

What does jewelry and tatoos have to do with the MOTB? They are two different subjects altogether. The rest of your question is unclear, could you clarify a little? I'll get back to you as soon as I can. (Off to work)

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:13 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I am asking how can mark in the bible can meant cuttings into the flesh AND thought process. Also Lexy why are you on the fence about this?
    Anonymous

• I personally don't believe in piercing because of it's roots and historical meaning. I don't believe there is anything wrong with jewelry in general. These are my personal convictions. No SDA I know uses the word "mark" in exchange for "cuttings" (Leviticus 19:28) Most SDA's I know are KJV only, and in the KJV the word used in reference to tattooing is "cutting". Tattooing is a matter between a person and God. I have no personal convictions (probably because I think tattoos are tacky and would never consider getting one, but that's just me!)

cont.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• The MOTB is a little more tricky. The Bible says we are to use the Bible to interpret itself.(Isaiah 8:10)
    I agree with the original Reformers as to who the beast power is. (It's not out of hatred, malice, or intolerance. It's from personal study.) I believe from my studies of Daniel and Revelation that the MOTB is something people will be deceived into either accepting by deed (hand--Eccl. 9:10; Isaiah 59:6) or by belief (the forehead-Romans 7:25; Ezekiel 3:8,9).

Revelation 13 is written in symbols--"beasts", "lambs", "dragons"...."marks". This leads me to believe that the MOTB is a symbol of a false system of worship. (supported by explanation of symbols in Daniel 7). I am not convinced completely that Sunday worship will be it, though, because Christmas, Easter,..ANY baptized paganistic compromise can fit here as well.

cont.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:12 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Christians are called to be separate, peculiar, completely opposite the world. Many things have been compromised--we look like the world, our music sounds like the world's music, our conversation, our fat bodies... (I won't go there tonight!!!) There are many compromises, not just Sunday! I personally believe that ALL the compromises will be COLLECTIVELY make up the MOTB. I believe that as we inch closer and closer to the world,compromise more and more, and embrace more and more of its practices, we are setting ourselves up for the great deception! The enemy rarely comes in the front door, but instead, creeps in stealthily. (Jude vs 4)

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:24 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• So still no one answered my question...
    Anonymous