how do i get my 8 onth old to go to sleep when he has energy at early morning when i dont???

any ideas IM DESPERATE!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• You need to sleep when he sleeps.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:02 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• she is right.. sleep when thet sleep. It never worked for me. smoothing music, light low if not off and hold him and stoke his nose starting from the middle of his eyebrows to the tip of his nose.
    Monkie-00

Answer by Monkie-00 at 8:42 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• When you find an answer to that let me now. Mine are up by 7:30 usually, I would love to sleep in more. I am working with my youngest (the one who wakes the oldest) she is still tired but wakes up (lots of stress lately) between 5:30 and 6:30 am. I let her stay in her room and cry herself to sleep. This of course causes the nearly completely potty trained child to fill her diaper (she only wears it at night) thus a change is needed. But I don't talk or anything, just go in change her and put her in bed and leave. After that she will fall asleep for another hour or so. We have started doing the same thing at nap time poops as well. She has to learn to sleep again.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:46 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• When my daughter was that age I was a single parent. She would wake up at like 6am raring to go for the day so I would put her in the play pen with some toys and a bottle right next to my bed and she would play for an hour or two by herself. I got a couple extra hours and I knew she was safe.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 9:59 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• my daughter used to wake up at 5:30 every morning...that was so NOT fun! You jsut do what you gotta do- nap when they nap, go to bed earler...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:00 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Suck it up that what being a mom is about. You need to sleep when they do. You can not make a baby sleep, they will whne they are ready.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:39 AM on Feb. 5, 2010