Very abnormal periods...can't stand it anymore

I gave birth to my first child (the most wonderful girl in the world!) a year and a half ago. I have never had regular periods before. So, when I wasn't regular after giving birth I didn't really give it much thought. I can go 4 to 9 months without a period. With my history of irregularity, no biggie. However, the past three months I have had my period 3 weeks per month, with a one week window between. I'm so sick of this! I know I have to call my doc and make an appt., but I also know have to wait till I stop bleeding so he can do a vaginal exam. In the mean-time, does anyone have any ideas as to what this might be? Has this happened to anyone else? Please help!

HaydensMommy708

Asked by HaydensMommy708 at 6:32 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Health

• Don't wait to call. Call and tell them what's up. They can do something like send you to get an ultrasound. Bleeding is ok there. I've had that done for bleeding. Mine was due to uterine fibroids.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:17 AM on Feb. 4, 2010