Can't stand it anymore!!! Please help!

I gave birth to my first child (the most wonderful girl in the world!) a year and a half ago. I have never had regular periods before. So, when I wasn't regular after giving birth I didn't really give it much thought. I can go 4 to 9 months without a period. With my history of irregularity, no biggie. However, the past three months I have had my period 3 weeks per month, with a one week window between. I'm so sick of this! I know I have to call my doc and make an appt., but I also know have to wait till I stop bleeding so he can do a vaginal exam. In the mean-time, does anyone have any ideas as to what this might be? Has this happened to anyone else? Please help!

HaydensMommy708

Asked by HaydensMommy708 at 6:34 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is there pain as well as bleeding? It could be uterine fibroids. He may not do a vaginal exam. He may send you to get a pelvic ultrasound and they CAN and will do that while you are bleeding (been there done that!)

Answer by admckenzie at 8:15 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I have endometreosis -i have always had an irregular period also - nothing near to the extreme as it sounds like you have.
    The way I found out i had it though was because I wasn't getting pregnant after trying for years and I had pain during sex but I have a girlfriend who has this that had major bleeding during periods and prolonged bleeding also. could be that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I didn't mean to be anon for the 2nd reply sorry
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:16 AM on Feb. 4, 2010