Can't stand it anymore!!! Please help!

I gave birth to my first child (the most wonderful girl in the world!) a year and a half ago. I have never had regular periods before. So, when I wasn't regular after giving birth I didn't really give it much thought. I can go 4 to 9 months without a period. With my history of irregularity, no biggie. However, the past three months I have had my period 3 weeks per month, with a one week window between. I'm so sick of this! I know I have to call my doc and make an appt., but I also know have to wait till I stop bleeding so he can do a vaginal exam. In the mean-time, does anyone have any ideas as to what this might be? Has this happened to anyone else? Please help!

HaydensMommy708

Asked by HaydensMommy708 at 6:35 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• So you have been having your period once every 3 weeks? Or bleeding for 3 weeks?

Answer by louise2 at 6:40 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Call you doctor anyways and get in there as soon as possible. That is not normal at all and your doctor can give you something to stop this 3 week period and a week off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:48 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• bleeding for 3 weeks, then nothing for a week - week and a half, then bleed for three weeks.
    HaydensMommy708

Answer by HaydensMommy708 at 6:49 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Go ahead into the doc, they may not doo a vag exam, but they won't make you wait to be seen until you are not bleeding, since you are bleeding most of the time.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:44 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Did you get a new birth controll? When I had mine put in they told me I would blead for awhile untill my body ajusted.
    homemakeingmom

Answer by homemakeingmom at 8:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Has anyone ever talked to you about polycystic ovaries? You obviously need to see your Dr. Some of the thing you describe sound a lot like PCOS. Check it out.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:28 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• PCOS.
    Gyn's do vaginal exams while patients are bleeding everyday. It's not a biggie and don't be embarrassed.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:30 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I did that when my breastfeeding dropped to low to suppress it. I stopped breastfeeding (we were down to one feeding anyway at 18 months) and started the pill went back to normal periods in a month. No exam required.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:07 AM on Feb. 4, 2010