Can you please tell me what to do with the soup?

I made a soup last night because I am sick...just veggies and rice, and forgot to put it in the fridge overnite, I have not eaten much but it was verygood tasting and I wish to eat it today...do you think it is still good? Or should I throw it away?Btw it'sin the fridge now waiting for your answers, lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• How long was it out? Unfortunately, I would probably throw it out if it was out the whole night. Sorry.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:12 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Veggie soup-as long as it was made with a veggie and not meat or fish broth, I would still eat the next day if it doesn't smell funky. I hate wasting food.
    Jeanyus

Answer by Jeanyus at 8:14 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• If it was out, unrefrigerated all night I probably would toss it. I hate wasting food but I have also had food poisoning and I don't ever want to go there again.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:25 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I wouldn't eat it. Food doesn't need to have meat in it to spoil.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Did you put mayo in it? Then it will take longer then a night to spoil. I have done this tons and have never had food poisoning. Cooked food takes a while to spoil.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:01 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• my in laws leave stuff out overnight all the time - meat, pizza, meatball, casseroles.....whatever and they never have gotten sick from it. Peronally I think it's gross to do that intentionally but I think veggie soup would be ok to eat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Bacteria forms on the food in questions regardless of what it is or what it's made from...

You're risking food poisoning once the temperature of the food has left the 140 degree mark.... unless you cool it immediately to below 40 degrees.

So don't eat it.

Don't risk having severe food poisoning.

Sitting out longer once it's entered the temperature danger zone (anything between 40 degrees - 140 degrees) is food spoiled.

PinkSodaPop

Answer by PinkSodaPop at 9:54 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• as much as it sucks you really should toss it. why take the chance of making yourself REALLY sick?

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:08 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• If you thought you were sick yeterday you will be reallly sick if you eat it no no no Toss it out
    freedomthinks

Answer by freedomthinks at 10:39 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• it sucks but sorry- you need to pich this one!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:49 PM on Feb. 4, 2010