Have you ever eaten.......

food that was intended for your baby/child? And felt guilty about it?
I just ate my baby's graham crackers because I was starving and I feel horrible! (My DH drinks her juice!)

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 8:49 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Shame on you, just kidding I drank some of my baby juice too.
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 9:05 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• lol yeh once i absent mindedly ate all of my son's teddy grams back when he was still tiny and i remember it to this day. i felt so bad, especially cause he kept look at me while i was eatting it lol
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 9:16 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Well my son only eats formula & a little bit of stage 1 foods right now...but when I was breastfeeding my hubby would drink from my breast sometimes to help get me lactating more (sounds weirder than it is, but it did help with supply for a little while). I also taste all the baby food before I give it to my son (& if it's yucky he doesn't get any LOL).
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 9:16 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• yeah plenty of times. Sometimes i dont have any good snacks around. And well, that should explain it all. nah why feel guilty. just replace them. the baby will never know.lol
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 9:23 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• nope. we have a very tight budget so what I buy for the kids (which is usaully lunch stuff) I leave for them. can't afford to sit back and snack on it all. dh does it and drives me nuts then bitches because we have no money and no food in the pantry.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:09 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• LOL!!!!! So funny! Because I know exactly what you're all talking about. Hahaha. Yes, I do! At night I'll be eating some of his crackers and I always make sure I leave enough for him for a snack the next day. And I tell my DH not to drink ALL his juice - but he can drink most of it (I only use a little anyway cause I mix with mostly water)! It helps that I leave some for DS so then I don't feel so guilty ;)
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 10:22 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Babies should not have juice, your spouse is being helpful.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Ok crazy lady - I don't give him straight up juice. More like 25% juice 75% water. And he's 2!! You weirdo!!
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 11:48 AM on Mar. 2, 2010