cars..

If you buy a car off a used car lot can you talk them down any on the price??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Absolutely
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Yes,you can u let them know how much u want to pay.
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 9:26 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Yes- most pre-owned cars are marked up about 33% or more from what the dealer paid in trade on it or bought it at auction. If a car is priced at $10,000 they probably got it for about $7,000.

Always find out if the car was a trade in or an auction car. Request a Car Fax report on it. They have it and they have to give it to you. Look under the hood. Ask them what was done to the car at the dealership to get it lot-ready (new tires, new battery, steam cleaned, etc).

I sold for BMW, Subaru, and Toyota.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:04 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Always!
    And let me tell you, if you are prepared to pay cash for a used vehicle, they will practically beg you to purchase a car from them at almost at price you quote. We have had experience doing this and it was an awesome rush!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:57 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Heck ya. Best time to buy is the last day of the month. They have to pay taxes on the cars that are left on the lot, less cars, less taxes. I got a steel of a deal on my Armada that way. I think they were asking $18900, I got them down to $16200 and a tank of gas. I told them I was already qualified with my Credit union and all I had to to do was find the right car at the right price. I told them that I was looking at one identical with leather and less miles and they wanted $17500. A little back and forth and voila! I got the car I wanted at lower price than I had planned!!!!
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 4, 2010