do you think some moms would frown at you?

do you teach your kids its fun to burp, fart and cut loose at home?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 9:34 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• i knew a mom who didnt let her child do anything that wouldnt be acceptable in public at home... i see the point of being consistent... but at the same time -- what about enjoying life. sometimes those things are funny... sometimes you just need an easy laugh to lighten you mood. really the people who would frown when a little child farts and laughs == i would not want anything to do with those kind of people ...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• OH NO and when it's happened sometimes we'll laugh but always quietly excuse ourselves and lots of times exit.

My husband and his best friend think it is the best of the world to burp loud and long often. Neither is big on farts thank god for that.

I smell your pain mommy!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• well i have a boy..and i do these things. I do teach him manners and he knows to use them in public but when we are together we are completely silly. For a while he didnt have a dad (he has my dh now who he calls dad) but i felt it was my place to be kinda manly and i still do. We are a burping, fartind, spitting family...at home anyways.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:40 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• When it happens for the first time we laugh then it happens again we laugh but once it starts to get out of hand it is a very big NO NO I don't care for it but if it happens accidentally then I'll let it go you can tell when someone is trying to make a game out of it. It starts to become disgusting, especially if the person is a grown man (that is sad).
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:43 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I think farts and burps are funny, as long as they're not smelly!! Haha. Yes, we laugh at them, but I make sure he knows his manners about it too. I really don't care if other people frown on me or not! I have such a free spirit, and it is natural.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• depends on the situation - sometimes its funny, but more often its rude.

we teach that its rude and not appropriate behaviour.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:04 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• sure why not. it's all natural. Just don't do it in public becuase too many are stuck up and think it's "rude". It's natural people!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• No, I don't teach my kids that..I think its rude,not to mention disgusting. My 9 yr old son likes to point his rear end at me and say"fire in the hole!" and cut loose at me...yeah..hilarious, right? NOT! His dad taught him that and it irritates me to no end!! I tell him to cover his mouth for burbs and say excuse me and to excuse hisslef to the bathroom or another room for gassiness and if he can't control it...say excuse me at least and don't point that loaded gun at me!!! LOL.
    Kids.
    What can ya do but love em anyway...
    :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:33 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• haha thats funny ..."fire in the hole"..i would die laughing!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• we teach our kids that its rude and they should say excuse me. But I'll admit sometimes it's funny. Like this morning my 3 year old walks into my bedroom as I was dressing and ripped one. I said Riley you better come over here I think there may be a gas leak on that side of the room. She giggled and said no mommy I farted. Cuse me.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:38 AM on Feb. 4, 2010