Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can i get better?

I am so depressed. It's a struggle to get my children ready for school, and my toddler dressed for the day. I can't explain to you, i don't just feel sad. I feel hopeless. I feel trapped. I love my children incredibly, and I love my fiancee. But I cant do this anymore. I know that I will be judged horrendously for saying this, but I've begun to self-harm. My children have never seen me, and I don't ever want them to. I try to be the upbeat happy mum that they deserve, but its just a front. I've fallen apart. but i want to be fixed again.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (14)
  • oh mommy call a trusted trusted friend a minister call your primary care doctor tell them you feel like you are very sick and have a head ache, stomach ache that you need to be seen.

    Lots of moms are on meds for help inside of them. A lot are. It means you love yourself to be on medicines to take care of yourself.

    Make the call Hurry NOW!!! You're needed!!!

    Answer by lfl at 9:42 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

  • You should seek counseling! Honestly it's not that bad. And if you find one you feel comfortable with (I went through like 5) it feels SO GOOD to talk to someone. Someone who you won't have to see other than at your appts. But you need the help, and quickly, and good for you for admitting it - even if it is just on here! Please get the help you need. For your sake and your baby's!

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

  • mommy call CONTACT google it, it's a 24 hour help line run by United Way in different parts of the country.

    You're worthy of a safe life a healthy mind just because you're alive. Then next you have children. Maybe a partner? Take a breath breathe deep rest. Think. Who in your life would help you IF THEY knew, but you're too embarrassed to tell? Sometimes we do have a friend a family member who cares so very very much and would have our back for anthing. But embarassement stops us from going to them. Do you have family member out of state who would help you IF they knew, would come to you or get you to them?

    You' are worthy of better health. You're worried about you. That's smart. Now do just the next step and take care of yourself. Make a call.

    Answer by lfl at 9:54 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

  • i live in England

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

  • op do you have family a trusted friend in England?

    Answer by lfl at 10:10 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

  • No you need to see your Dr and /or a counselor. Talk to your fiancee about how you are feeling. Please get help as soon as you can. I have been through depression and know how life can feel awful but trust me. When you get help you will feel better. If you need to talk just PM me. HUGS sweetie.


    Answer by Raeann11 at 10:33 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

  • call your dr or emergent care NOW.


    Answer by hypermamaz at 10:44 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

  • take some B complex vitamins & omega's and get some good sleep.

    Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:48 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

  • Two of my family have committed suicide one a year ago. In hindsight sometime depression is compounded by embarrassment to talk as the depressed person and ask for help. it's important to know that likely there is a caring person around you but does not know how deep a depression is. If to help you, you can't make a call but feel a loved one of yours wouldhelp you, ask that person.

    Sometimes the hardest part of getting better from any kind of illness is the steps it takes to get help, as important as going for help and as important as taking medicines.

    op Think hard calmly right now what's a step to get better you can take? Better is making a call for some to call for you for care with medical professionals it could be making that call to doctors yourself.

    What next step right now do you want to do but can't no matter the reason?


    Answer by lfl at 10:50 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

  • I have a toddler and suffer from depression and anxiety and NEED the medication to make my chemicals in my brain function correctly.. without them, I feel like you- PLEASE Seek help - who cares if people will frown on you if in the end you will be alive for your children.. my mom is my VERY best friend and I am 31 -I can't explain to you what you will be doing to your children if you kill yourself and don't end up being there to watch them grow

    Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:21 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.