cloth diapers

Ok so im pregnant with my first and i really want to cloth diaper, but im single and dnt have alot of money. So my question is where can i find the lowest priced cloth diapers?

junebutterfly

Asked by junebutterfly at 9:45 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They have really awesome deals on ebay! Just type in cloth diapers and you'll get TONS of hits. Another idea is using a diaper service. They're usually cheaper than using disposables and you don't have the huge start up cost.. Another idea is to buy a few cloth diapers each month before the baby arrives and that way you have a good stock when he/she arrives!
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 9:53 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Ill look on ebay, but i live way in the country no diaper services here lol.
    junebutterfly

Answer by junebutterfly at 9:56 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• www.diaperswappers.com - its a site where you can connect with other moms selling their stashes and bits and pieces, and some WAHMs selling their own creations.

but its also really easy to make your own (if you're interested send a message I have a ton of links to make your own)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:02 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Ebay is hit or miss because of their underwear policy. You could try freecycle, craigslist, or diaperswappers.com. The cheapest route is to get high quality chinese prefolds and then use a good fitting cover (I prefer wool). You can make your own wool pants and covers cheap with thrift store wool sweaters if you sew at all. You can also make your own prefolds and fitteds if you sew at all. In the early days when they have runny poos often the best bet though is a fitted nylon cover and fitted dipes. Keep in mind when spending the money that if you plan to have more children you can use the diapers for them too. My diapers were all hand me downs from my SIL who used them, gave them to me, I gave them back to her, and then I used them again. That is 4 kiddos and very few had to be thrown away and we still have several that are usable again and she has them since she is thinking about having another.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:17 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I mostly use prefolds and covers when at home. I buy prefolds from http://www.little-lions.com/page3.html and www.diaperjunction.com. The Little Lions website doesn't have as many sizes so now I get them from Diaper Junction. The prefolds you can get in the store are not very good. I use Thirsties covers which are around $11 each. I have four for whatever size I need. I will rotate two at a time and then add a new one to the rotation if one gets poopy. I've never needed more than four. I wash every other day. A couple months ago I started buying one size pocket diapers, one or two at a time. Now I have nine of them and I use them when we are out and about.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• www.freecycle.org

www.reuseitnetwork.org

www.craigslist.org

www.ebay.com

check local thrift and consignment shops.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:00 PM on Feb. 4, 2010