Has anyone tried the Acai Berry diet ?

how did you like it? did it really take off the weight??? I have read alot of good reviews online...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Health

• I read the good "reviews" online too, but it turned out most, if not all, of them were really advertisements. I was seriously thinking about trying it too, but when I looked into it on medical websites it didn't sound like the results in those "reviews" were typical at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I tried it and it's another hype just to get our money. No I didn't lose weight with it. I think the "secret" is that you have to take a kazillion (slight exaggeration) colon cleanser pills with it so in essence it's just telling us we need to eat more fiber and clean out our colon. Which might have some merit. I had to clean out for a colonoscopy and my weight went down 8 lbs. Of course afterward I began eating again and filled the old bowels back up but not the entire 8 lbs!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:00 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• The best way to get the full benefit of the acai berry is by drinking Mona Vie. Its an amazing juice that has 19 fruits, the main one being the acai. The way this company preserves the berry in Brazil keeps almost all of its nutrition!! I used to sell it and now am just an excited drinker!! I literally lost 30lbs just by drinking...its expensive though.
    Jenna66

Answer by Jenna66 at 11:30 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Acai is a great anti-oxidant; no more, no less.
    Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 5:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2010