kids in diapers

How many moms donot care that their kids are still in diapers? I have a 3 and 4 yo. and they still wear diapers and I figure they will be out of diapers before they start school.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• well since by 3 and 4 most are starting preschool - you better get a move on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I would be more than a little concerned with a 4 yr old still in diapers!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• personally it would bother me simply because of the cost since I am so frugal. other then that to each their own. My kids potty trained themselves by the time they were both 2.5 years old.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:10 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• fThat would annoy me. But hey if you are happy that is your issue. But school is right around the corner. I am loving being nearly done iwth diapers, we will save nearly 100 plus a month. Whoo hooo. And my daughter loves using the potty like her sister. If you are happy great, but make sure you are not holding him back if he is ready.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:40 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I had a fit because my older boys wanted nothing to do with the potty until they were about 3 years and 1-2 months. Why buy diapers if they can learn to use the potty? Aren't you ashamed to take them in the bathroom at stores and restaurants when they're as old as they are to change them? Not dogging you, really, but I'd be embarrassed if I was taking my 4 year old child into a public restroom to change their diaper. To me that screams lazy about the parent. (Unless there is another issue causing it, one that can't be helped).
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I say that every child is different and you do it when they are ready. My niece potty-trained at 4 (to get into Pre-K) and continues to have accidents, even at 5-1/2. She never went to daycare, (not used to teachers) so when the K'garten teacher raises her voice at even another child, she is too scared to ask to go to the bathroom. Some kids are just more emotional than others. It's hard to know what they are thinking sometimes. I wouldn't wait too much longer on the 4 y/o though, because once they do start school, it's very stressful and they are likely to regress even if trained. To train him/her earlier would give him/her many successes under his/her belt before that happens, so that it's "no big deal". You don't want them tying their potty-training to self-image at such a critical time. But you know what's best for your children, so do what you believe is best.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 11:02 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I'm sorry, but I don't understand why you wouldn't have made an effort to get kids that old out of diapers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• are you asking because you're proud? or asking because you're embarrased?

I think you need to do some serious thinking about how you are planning on getting them toilet trained at this age. it IS much easier when they're younger, right now I suppose they don't care.

it says a LOT about your skills as a mother. sheer LAZINESS.
    Anonymous

• My 4 year old still wears a diaper at night. I don't care and her pediatrician is not worried about it. I peed my bed until I was 13. The only difference is that there were no pull-ups when I was growing up. I honestly do not care what other people think of my child rearing. Don't worry about what others think of you. They'll grow out of diapers eventually. Kids are not cookie cutouts. They all reach their milestones at different ages.

Anonymous

• wearing a diaper at night is completely different than wearing one all day. the OP basically said that her kids wear them ALL DAY.

my 3 year old still wears one at night just in case.
    Anonymous