Does anyone think the Pro-Choicers.....

.....who are in uproar over the Tim Tebow ad are the intolerant ones?

They haven't even seen the ad yet and they are upset.

I thought pro choice was all about individual right to choose?
Why don't they watch the ad, then make a personal opinion?
Leave the choice up to the individual?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Actually, Mrs. Tebow couldn't have had the abortion in the Phillipines where they were living either. It was illegal there.
    -----
    Yes, but there were exceptions to that law.

The pro-CHOICE ppl who are upset about this commercial are HYPOCRITES, plain and simple. Just because someone does not choose as you would, does not make that choice wrong. I think some people are jumping the gun in protesting an ad that has not been seen, just because it is from a Christian family who would not have an abortion. Makes the pro-choicers who don't like the choice seem to be incredibly intolerant.

I think it would be refreshing to see a positive, family ad amongst all the slutty beer, chips, and Go-Daddy ads.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• not all pro-choicers care
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:35 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• That is why I asked
    Does anyone think the Pro-Choicers.....

if you aren't in uproar, this isn't about you. (:
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I'm pro-choice and I can't wait to see the ad.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I don't see how the add affects anything myself. Women in a paniced situation are still going to have abortions. Men who don't want to be fathers are still going to push for abortion. this add will change NOTHING. But it does make the pro-lifers feel good. so that is ok :)
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:38 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I agree with sati =)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:44 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I can't tell because I don't know them. I guess they're intolerant to a level, however I have heard more about the ad and Tebow's mother chose to keep him despite her own medical difficulties during a pregnancy. Her doctor recommended that she get an abortion due to the illness she had that was likely going to cause the baby to die. I've read several doctors who are concerned with the ad airing because they are afraid that when they recommend a woman who is in a dangerous position that they should get an abortion, she'll remember the Tebow ad and decide against it even if her life or her babies life is at a high risk. That I can understand, I hope the ad specifies that even though Tim's mom made the decision to keep him she was VERY lucky that he was born alive and that it is not a replacement for sound medical advice.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• im pro-choice and the ad doesnt bother me. so maybe you are right OP.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I agree mommylisa
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:48 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Wanted to add, I think if the ad were truly going to show a pro-life stance they'd look at Nick Cannon's situation, not Tim Tebow's. Nick Cannon's situation wasn't about getting an abortion for medical reasons and I think it would stand out a little more.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 10:49 AM on Feb. 4, 2010