In regards to the Tebow question...........What are your views?

I read about a week ago, that as many as 50% of post-abortive women questioned, stated they would NOT have had the abortion IF the father of the aborted baby had been more supportive. Whether it's true or not, I dunno. But it bothered me, that in this day and age a woman would be willing to abort for the sake of a lowlife's decisions to supportive or not. If the baby was lucky to be conceived by a good man it gets to survive, if conceived by a scumbag it's aborted. I just don't get the methodology of women's thinking here.

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 10:48 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I actually find this question interesting. But then I also find it very sad when a man finds out his SO (whatever she may be) is preg with THEIR baby and SHE gets an abortion. We want equal rights but then deny this. And yes I DO know that SHE carries the baby and YES I DO know that there are crappy men that will want the baby for spite. But there are crappy women that KILL the baby for spite! Your question makes a good point, although I notice that many people seem to be ignoring it. In this day and age where women are demanding equal pay (as they should), equal rights (also a duh), its a sad commentary that they are willing to flush a LIFE because there is no man standing beside them.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• It isnt for the lowlife but the emotional and financial impact that the woman would have to go through alone
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• The methodology is that the child will grow up thinking it is unwanted, unloved, and an inconvenience. That doesn't make it correct, but it's the line of thinking that leads some misguided women to believe the child would be better off dead.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• It's a very hard thing for a woman to think about going through a pregnancy and raising a child alone. Also they have to deal with the fact that their lowlife doesn't want the baby. I think it is mostly an emotional thing for the most part. Some women are stronger than others.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:53 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• The ad doesn't have anything to do with having a scumbag for a father. The majority of women are still the primary care givers for children. It's a choice and not one that has to be understood for it to be a choice. I'll never understand why people fight so hard to get children born but then they bash PA users and don't lift a finger to the children that grow up in foster care or state homes that are never adopted.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I'll never understand why people fight so hard to get children born but then they bash PA users and don't lift a finger to the children that grow up in foster care or state homes that are never adopted.

Because it's more convenient for your narrow little worldview if you ASSume both groups are made up of the same people than it is for you to consider that there are pro-lifers who don't bash PA and pro-choice PA bashers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• "Because it's more convenient for your narrow little worldview if you ASSume both groups are made up of the same people than it is for you to consider that there are pro-lifers who don't bash PA and pro-choice PA bashers. "

The majority here on cm seems to be the pro-life people that are PA bashers. The majority of politicians that are pro-life are also PA bashers. It seems to be a debate between the right to live and the quality of life.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:19 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Not to take the post in a new direction, but hey it started off as two questions in one anyway. But addressing anon point that was just made at 10:56. I've seen plenty of pro-choice and pro-abortion (NOW ppl) PA bahsers. Their line is YOU CHOOSE TO HAVE THAT BABY, GO SUPPORT IT YOURSELF. I don't agree with that in the slightest. I would fall more in the direction of addressing the scumbag father with "You choose to sleep with her, now get off the couch and go get a job!"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Pro choice, and a 1 or 2 child limit to every woman.
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 11:35 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Im with you OP at least in the sense that for the most part it is making the choice to abort on emotion and soem women are stronger then others..but then alot of times they could of or should of knwon the male was a pos before the pregnancy ..on the a rare occassion some of them may of seemed spetacular until the preganancy.

On another note I am pro life and im not totally against PA I do however think it needs a major overhaul

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:47 AM on Feb. 4, 2010