"Fixing Papers" for my husband where do I start?

We have been married for a year already so that's a year wasted. We are not going to hire a lawyer for filing the paperwork for us. I am going to do that on my own, what we are going to hire a lawyer for is for the waiver. But I am not sure which forms I need to send first. If anyone has been through this please help me out. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• OP: I'm not a troll, this is a real question, plus it got WAY off topic if you ask me. What everyone has been answering has NOTHING to do with my question. I asked what forms do I file first, they won't be prosecuted if they make up a fake Social Security number. Google it, you'll find plenty of "reliable links" where else would I post this question at "Just for fun"? Please. It definitely isn't LEGAL ADVICE.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Feb. 8, 2010

• It depends on your state.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• um...been through what? what are you doing papers for?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I don't think it has anything to do with what state you live in. He is Illegal and we are working on making him legal, since he entered Illegally he will face the 10 year ban and that's what we are hiring a lawyer for.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• I'm not asking for legal advice lol! I'm asking what forms do I need to file first. How is that asking for Legal Advice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Good a attorney will help you and your husband make him legal here. That is a nobel thing to do :)
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:06 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Lol, Anon it sounds like you're filing for divorce. Maybe you should've specified that. No idea, you need a lawyer.
    mommy_lisa25

Answer by mommy_lisa25 at 11:07 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Telling a person WHAT forms to file IS legal advice and you need to go to the law library or to the court house yourself to find out that information. Or talk to your attorney who can give you legal advice.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:08 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Good luck with that
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:09 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• OP: No it's on the USIC website you can download them for free so I highly doubt that is legal advice. But on their website they don't specify which forms to file first. They only give you the fee and the forms to print out, I didn't mean wasted as in being married I meant it as wasted as in we could of been further ahead in the game lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Feb. 4, 2010