What have you done?

What do you tell yourself when you really want to work but can't find a job where you don't have to work weekends and want to be home summers,days off from school,Christmas break, Spring break, snow days, sick days. Do you just give in and say "there is no job like that" or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Try applying at the schools. I know a lot of schools are cutting back, but so many need the extra help that they might be willing to hire an aide to help instead of a certified teacher. Just a thought!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:19 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• maybe you can be a sub teacher...most of the time they pick the days they want to work
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Teacher's aid in a ten month school system or Teacher there. Sometimes specific secretaries in school systems are off for most of the summer til a week or two before school starts up.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:21 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• ooh oohh.. I want that job too!! let me know when you find it!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:22 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Unless you're working in a school or self employed you'll be hard pressed to find anything like that.
    Anonymous

• I'd say you get a job and do what you have to do. No one that I know of has a job like that and if you need money then you take what you can get.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 1:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Teach!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:36 PM on Feb. 5, 2010