favorite food to cook for hubby?

Looking for different things to make for hubby on Valentines Day. We hate going out cause it's too crowded.

steelergirlie44

Asked by steelergirlie44 at 11:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• chili
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 11:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• lasagna. Not as scary or hard as some people make it out to be. A jar of Prego, ground beef if you are a meat eater, can of mushrooms if you so desire. Get some ricotta cheese, mix with 1 egg, 1/2 c mozz cheese, and 1/4 c parm. Layer sauce, UNCOOKED noodles, cheese mixture, then each one again. Top with remaining sauce, cover with LOTS of mozz cheese, put foil over it, cook for 50 minutes at 400*, take foil off, bake for 10 more minutes to brow up the cheese a little. You can cook the noodles if you want to (see package directions) and it will bake for less time, but I think it is easier to just throw the noodles in uncooked. I do mine in a 8x8 or 9x9 pan because it is smaller and the sauce goes further. There is always leftovers, even after us and my 3 kids eat!! Make a nice cesear or tossed salad, garlic bread from the store, and you are all set to go. Don't forget the candles :) OH - and the wine too!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Mama a la mode: Naked Mama covered with whipped cream!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• A really good Steak, roasted potatoes, salad, and garlic toast.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:35 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• Soul food...fried chicken, greens made with smoked turkey, homemade mac and cheese, pinto beans, and rolls.
    Jeanyus

Answer by Jeanyus at 11:35 AM on Feb. 4, 2010

• We don't go out on Valentine's Day either, don't like the crowds. Sorry, although I know how to cook and I am a good cook and did it for years, my current husband is the cook in our family now so I got no ideas! I have been craving his Blue Cheese stuffed Steak, baked potato and salad though. Dang he's a good cook, LOL!
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 12:03 PM on Feb. 4, 2010

• i do italian as well. DHs fave dish i make is homemade manicotti. mmmm super easy to make and goes well with homemade tiramisu! also easy to make. i make my manicotti with the same recipe as the previous poster. 8oz package of ricotta, big fistful of mozz i like the thick shredded not fancy, handful of fresh grated parm, 1 egg, dash of dried rosemary, lil garlic powder. stuff cooked manicotti or large shells, bake at 375 til cheese is melted. tiramisu is easy as well though i dont have the recipe on hand. i know it involves lady fingers ( i get store bought) brewed espresso, and mascarpone cheese. delish!! have fun makin dinner and havin adult time!
    FoxyRoxyMommy

Answer by FoxyRoxyMommy at 6:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2010